Promises are meant to be broken. Even the best of people in the best of intentions break promises on a daily basis. We all, in essence, are alone in this world. In my opinion, you yourself should be all you need to survive. There are the obvious things needed to survive in the ways of water, food, compensation to get the water and food, etc. Emotionally though, if you look inside yourself, the answers will come to you and you will, indeed, survive. The saying "what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger" is a dead on interpretation of life that we all should rely on. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. It's how we handle those mistakes and rectify them, if need be, that determines what kind of people we truely are. It's never been my intention to drag anyone down with me when I fall on my ass, and trust me, I've been doing it quite a bit lately. If I relied on the promises people have made me, whether it be friends, family, television, radio, whoever, I would be a lot worse off than I already am. Promises are mearly statements that sound good at the time and make a person feel better temporarily. But the fact of the matter is, most everyone breaks promises. 95% of the time it is completely unintentional and cannot be avoided but it is what it is. A broken promise. Had you not made that promise you would not feel guilty about breaking the promise and the promisee would not feel betrayed because your promise was broken. I'll admit, I do let some promises take hold of me and I resist the temptation to be objective. It's human nature, after all, to want to trust. But 2 times out of three, I get shit on. BUT the difference is, I blame myself for giving into temptation. I just recently pinned a funny to my Pinterest account.
See? People even over-trust flatulence. Trust is not something given to you, it is to be earned. If you can't trust your own anus, why would you trust another? My point is this. I am not perfect. Far from it, actually, but I'm ok with that. If I fall on my face I know it's because of something I could've corrected, not because I trusted someone to do it for me and promised to make me happy. There are too many people out there pointing fingers at others for their own lack of self confindence to make the right decisions. For our own protection we enlist the help of another to make the decision for us. When the decision fails, guess what? He/She did it. If we were all to trust ourselves for our actions, even blame ourselves for our actions, then there would be less hate in the world. No promises made means no promises broken. I've made some bad decisions, that's for sure. However, those bad decisions teach me how to grow, make me humble, and will eventually make me a stronger person. I have a long way to go, but when I achieve the person I want to be, I will know that I did it on my own accord and that makes me smile. 
No comments:
Post a Comment