Ok people. Five beers in (seven now, damn I can't type very fast!) and I'm feeling much better. Although, pardon my typing. I thought maybe after reading my last post I should follow it up with a little cool down, if you will. After speaking with a close friend, I am somewhat better. In the back of mind, I know, that this too, shall pass. I'm just having a hard time letting it go. Now, now, I know it's only been 7 hours, I know I'm being selfish, and I know it's probably for the best. BUT I had what was best for me at the time. I'm going to stick with the saying, "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was. We do not possess anything in this world, least of all other people." I've accepted that my twin is a part of me. I should set it free......and if the fucker comes back?....well......there are obviously more issues and I'm more fucked up than I thought!
No, really, I don't have a twin inside of me with teeth and hair. Fucking gross. But I'd make the news for sure!!! And don't tell me that all of you wouldn't be at my door wanting to see it either! Damn vultures!
A great friend told me that when life deals you lemons you make lemonade. But without the sugar and water you just have....lemon juice. I'm going to, again, learn to deal with the lemon juice.....I can only hope that at some point in my life, whether it be tomorrow, 9 years, or 20 years down the road, life will deliver me some sweet sugar and some refreshing water.....Until then, I will be content with with what I have. And damn it, Sean, I am settling, but it doesn't make me soft! It makes me practical. And I'm a simple girl.
I'd like to dedicate this cool down period to Anheuser Busch. You make me a better person...you dirty devil you! Have a good night, all! I'm grillin burgers!!!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would like to offer this:
ReplyDeleteWhen life gives you lemons, some would tell you to make lemonade. Well I say you take those lemons and start throwing them, hard, at whoever gave you those lemons until they turn around and leave the room to go out and get you the god damn oranges you asked for in the first place.
I guess what I'm saying is: There's a time to roll with the punches and there are times to throw the punches. Fuck lemonade. YOU'RE in charge of your life.
By the way, I have NO idea what's going on in your life but I hope it's nothing major and I hope it's over soon. Demetri next Sunday!